Sept 12, 2023 Oh, my goodness it has been sometime since I have written in my Blog. I am fully retired and totally bored at this time of my life. I really feel my life shortening each day, and I am ready for the Lord to call me home. Life here has changed in my family; a lot of updates are do. Sandy and James have moved from Georgia to Tenn, then moved to Va, and then to Mississippi where they live presently. They have a beautiful home and 19 acres of land. I have not been able to travel for a few years, so I have not been there. I was never able to travel to Va, the pictures I saw of the home was beautiful. Tyler is now working for Manatee Memorial Hospital; he is a case worker in the ER room. This job is much better than the one he had prior which was a drug Rehab. The real big news is that this past week end he was married. Tyler met a beautiful, sweet girl from Cali Columbia. She was here on a visa visiting her uncle and aunt. They dated for quite a while and then she ha...
Popular posts from this blog
GONE !
As you can see the tree is gone and I am waiting for them to pick up the trunk pieces and grind down the stump. In the one picture you might see my slab and back door. The tree had raised the slab to a point where we could not open the door. Also you can see that I had done some work on it trying to resolve the problem I have not been successful as yet but I hope to get it done this week end, I hope to do it right without having any leaks this time. Looking at Luke on the logs you can see how big that tree was. The tree man could not believe that it grew that big in the time frame that I planted it (1985). I told him that it fooled me also, as a friend told me that I was planting the tree too close to the house. But in my infinite wisdom I told him that I would not live long enough for it to grow that big. “Oh well” so much for wisdom! Darenda told me yesterday that Tyler had ask for more time with his grandparents in Va. I told her, “of course why not”, my thinking is grandparents are...
He is Growing up too Fast!
Wow, as he ever grown up. and too fast. Seems like yesterday that Tyler was willing and able to sit in our laps. Makes you want to cry.... The picture of the tree will be posted after lunch...sorry. Here is the last look that you get of this Stately Oak Tree. It has been in my back yard since 1985. It has been the support of our grand kids little bodies as they swung in their real early years. Luke still swings on it occasionally but that will end. I am a little sorry about it but reality has set in. This is the tree that hangs over our home and keeps me very busy on the roof during falling leaf season. Also it keeps me trimming limbs that concern me about falling on my roof. And Hurricanes, we won’t go there but it has concerned me when I see the news and pictures of Oak trees that have fallen on homes. It also has been a big help in keeping our home from getting too hot during the summer heat days. But given the fact that I am getting older and also should something happen to me Pat...

For those who wish to read about Manate, Click the Gene Frenette line.
ReplyDelete